Thursday 19 January 2012

Foster the People, an Interesting Trio!

This week, I want to talk about a different music style. So, I chose an American Indie pop band!


It’s Foster the People, created in 2009 in Los Angeles. Its members are Mark Foster, Cubbie Fink and Mark Pontius. The name comes from the last name of the lead singer and the creator of the band, Mark Foster. Oiginally, it was “Foster & the People”, but people misheard it as “Foster the People”. Finally, it changes for it, because of the double sense, “foster the people” means “take care of people”.

They became known owing to their song “Pumped Up Kicks”, which was a viral success in 2010 and became a crossover hit on radio in 2011, after the release of their first album “Torches”. This album contains songs like “Don’t Stop (Color On The Walls)” and “Call It What You Want”, too.

In my opinion, their music is very interesting, even though it’s different of what I usually listen to. My favourite song of them is “Pumped Up Kicks”.

What do you think about them?
And are you forgetting that I need your propositions for my next posts? :P

188 words.

6 comments:

  1. So far my favourite is Foster the People. I'm definetely adding it to my playlist! It makes me think of The Shins. Check out the video Phantom Limb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again: Woaaa! I'm listening to Pumped up Kicks, the beats sounds so joyful and light, but paying attention, the lyrics are really dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I didn't pay attention to the lyrics of Pumped up Kicks before, but now I do and I agree with you! For The Shins, the video Phantom Limb seems a little bit strange and I don't really understand the sense of the lyrics, but, yes, it sounds like Foster The People.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phantom Limb shows images of 3 historical events (acted out by children and the band in a theatre play). I'm sure you can recognise at least 2 of the events... The 3rd one is harder, the one with the snow. It's the Donner Party, Fa-sci-na-ting event... actually I learned about it thanks to this video!
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEY, I AM MEXICAN AN HERE IN MEXICO THE SONG SOUNDS RECENTLY IN 2012, I REALLY LIKE SO MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you already know it, but you must listen to the song "Houdini" of this band. I'm sure you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete