Tuesday 24 January 2012

Bleeker Ridge, a Band That I Like!

This week, I will talk about a Canadian rock band named Bleeker Ridge. They have a lot of influences, but they usually do post grunge music. Its members are two sets of brothers, there are Taylor (singer) and Cole Perkins and Dan and Dustin Steinke.
They met each others at a show in Orillia, Ontario and came together in 2003. At that moment, Cole Perkins and Dan Steinke were only 12 years old! Their name comes from the mix of the name of their streets, the Perkins brothers lived on Bleeker St. and the Steinke brothers lived on Ridge Avenue.

They made two independent albums (Undertow and The Rain) and, in 2010, they signed with Roadrunner Records and released the album Small Town Dead. They were known with their first hit “Small Town Dead”, which is the title track of the album.

I like to listen to all the songs of their album Small Town Dead, but my favourite ones are the title track (Small Town Dead), You Would’ve Like It, From Now on, Sixteen Hours and Bitter Soul.

What do you think about them?
And which song do you prefer?

189 words.

3 comments:

  1. Hey it seems you're making me discover bands that I will add to my personal list! Yay!
    Do you know Stars, Broken Social Scene, Miike Snow?
    When I will have listened to more of your bands, I should be able to give you more accurate recommandations.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to see that I make you discover band! I didn't know the ones that you named, so I go to listen to some songs of them. I don't know if I find the good band for Stars because there are some bands with this name, but my favourite song of all them is Burial of Miike Snow (But I don't pay attention to the lyrics! Haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Stars I'm talking about come from Montreal. Here are a couple titles: Personal, Your Ex Boyfriend is Dead, In Our Bedroom After the War, Wasted Day Light, Lookup, etc.
    Enjoy!
    AM

    ReplyDelete