Wednesday 21 December 2011

Rise Against, a Really Nice Band!

R

This week, I chose an American punk rock/hardcore punk band. This is Rise Against, formed in 1999 in Chicago. Presently, its members are Tim McIlrath (lead singer), Zach Blair, Joe Principe and Brandon Barnes.

http://www.riseagainst.com/
They began to have an international success in 2004, but especially in 2006 with successful singles like Blood to Bleed, Give It All, Ready to Fall, Prayer of the Refugee and The Good Left Undone.

The goal of the band is not to be popular; it’s to take advantage of this popularity to transmit messages. They denounce, for examples, the pollution of the planet (Ready to Fall,2006),the war (Hero of War,2009) and the suicide in young people (Make it Stop (September’s Children),2011).

I really like their new album "Endgame" and, particularly, the song "Satellite". I think that their music evolves very well and I like the way they use their popularity. Rise Against is one of my favourite bands!

And you, what are your feeling about this band?
Which song do you prefer?
What is your type of music?

173 words.

13 comments:

  1. wow laurence your blog are awesome! your article are so great because you give so many informations , and it's interesting informations, that why your blog is fun to read!
    Continue and i wait the second article!!
    Ps: merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank's Elyse, I'm happy to see that you like my blog! I'll be able to write another post when people (like you) will tell me their musical preferences. For the moment, merry Christmas you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really like Rise Against! My favorite song of this bang are "Prayer of the refuge","Behind closed door","Savior" and "Injection" ! Your idea to publish one band per week it very interesting and originale! I will see it often ;) MERY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurence,
    me too I really like Rise Against. I think that each song they make are very special. My favorite song is "Savior". Merry Christmas and happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really good post, Rise against is one of my favorite band.My favorites types of musics are Rock and Metal.The song that I prefer of this band are "Give it all" and "State of the union".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you, girls. The songs that you named are good too! Rise Against have a lot of hits and I never get tired of listen to it, even if there are old songs. I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laurence!
    I'm agree with you this band is very nice! My favorite song of this band is Help is on the way. Not because the song is good but the message they want to pass is very important!
    Your blog is very interesting and I will read you each week! Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog it very interresting. I have never listen this music but it's very good. It's very interresting of know the origin of this group.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank's Hugues! I don't know the song "State of Union", so I will go to hear it and I'll tell you what I think! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your blog ! Rise Angaints is the best band I know ! Your article is very interesting. Kepp it up and Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Allyson and Cindy, it's good to know that you find my blog interesting. I agree with you, Cindy, on the message of the song "Help is on the way". And Allyson, you said that you didn't listen this music before, so I hope that I make you discover something new!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Hugues! I just go to listen "State of the Union" and I found it very different of the other songs. I never heard it before, so I was very surprised, because it's much more hardcore! :P
    And merry Christma you too, Marysa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rise Against is the best band ever ! My favorite song of his band is; Give it all. Your blog is really interesting Laurence, continous :)

    ReplyDelete