Saturday 17 March 2012

Hedley, My Favourite Band!

This week, I will talk about a Canadian pop-rock band that I was supposed to see in their show during the spring break. I want to talk about Hedley! And for people who care about it, the show was canceled because of Jacob’s illness and is reported to June 1st 2012.



The current band was formed in 2004 in British-Columbia. Its members are (In order on the picture)Chris Crippin,Dave Rosin Jacob Hoggart (lead singer) and Tommy Mac.

I said “current band”, because originally the band was formed of Jacob Hoggard, Kevin Giesbrecht, Kevin Heeres, Ryan Federau and Brandon McKay. The old band bet Jacob $150 that he couldn’t finish into the top three for Canadian Idol. Jacob succeed the challenge, being in the top three, and he had to tell his fan to stop to vote for him, because he wanted to go out of the competition to continue with Hedley. Unfortunately, his friends of Hedley had put aside the band to concentrate them on their future. At this moment, Tommy Mac, Dave Rosin and Chris Crippin, who wanted to form a band and searched a singer, heard about Jacob, because of the TV show. He joined him and the band was formed!

Hedley released four albums to date. There is “Hedley” (2005), “Famous Last Words” (2007), “The Show Must Go” (2009-2010) and “Storms” (2011). They have so many hits, beginning by On My Own and Gunnin’(2005), passing by For The Nights I Can't Remember and Never Too Late (2007), continuing with Cha-Ching, Don't Talk to Strangers and Perfect (2009), now with One life and Invincible (2011) and there are many more! They were nominated and won awards repeatedly since 2004.

Hedley is, by far, my favorite band! I love their music and the energy they have. According to me, their album Storms is their better to date. My favourite songs of them are Perfect, Invincible and One Life.

And you, do you like this band?
Which album is your favourite?
Which songs do you prefer?

338 words.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laurence,
    Me too I do a post on this band and I like to this band. My favorite song is Perfect!!!!!

    ReplyDelete