Friday 10 February 2012

"A Republic ?" "No, no, One Republic !"

This week, I didn’t have so much ideas for my blog… Are you forgetting me? I need your propositions of bands or singers for my next posts!

So, I choose a band in the same style than the one of last week! I will talk about One Republic. This is an American pop rock band from Colorado. At the begginning, Ryan Tedder (lead singer) and Zach Filkins absolutly wanted to create a band. They found Drew Brown, Brent Kutzle and Eddie Fisher which will join them afterward. The band is on in 2002!


They did music before, but it’s in 2007 that they knew their first success. It’s sure that you remember the song “Apologize”! Its original version was released in 2006, but it became a hit in 2007 with the version featured by Timbaland. After, they had other singles like “Stop and Stare” and “Secrets”.

My favourite song of them is, by far, “Apologize” even if it can be considered as an old song!
And you, do you know other songs of them? Which one do you prefer?

Please, I need your propositions!!! :P

185 words. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Laurence!

    Your blog is really cool - I like One Republic too!

    I just wanted to drop you a line since you are looking for new bands to explore.

    You could write about Nikki Minaj, she sure does amazing things. And have you heard of Chromeo? They come from Montreal and they have a retro sound that I enjoy. There is also "The Kills" that is a cool band.

    Hopefully this helps for your next blog entry! ;)

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laurence I have a group for you ! ahah you need propositon... I have "les Trois Accords" or Francois Lachance :P Your blog is very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank's girls for your comments! Annie, I agree with you, Nikki Minaj do amazing things and I really like the sound of Chromeo and The Kills. I don't know if you see it, but I did my last post with one of your suggestions. Jessica, thank's for your suggestions too!

    ReplyDelete